Steps to Lease Airport Property
Leasing Airport Land
To lease land at either Shreveport Regional or Downtown Airport, including construction on Airport Authority property, individuals must do the following:
- Please contact the Shreveport Airport Authority to discuss your intentions and to receive information on the minimum standards at either Shreveport airport. Contact Mark Crawford at 318.673.5370.
- Airport Authority staff will arrange a meeting time suitable to your schedule to look at available property.
- Once a suitable location is found, please submit in writing your request to the Shreveport Airport Authority of your desires to lease property. In your letter, please state your intentions, including what land will be used for, whether the property will be for commercial or private use, time frame, including approval of all plans and specifications. Also, include a business plan or financial statement.
- Once the Airport Authority receives your request, the request will be placed on the board of director’s agenda for their next regularly scheduled board meeting on the third Thursday of each month at 8:30 a.m., typically in the Shreveport Airport Authority Conference Room. Requests should be received at least two weeks prior to each meeting.
- Upon receipt of your request, the Airport Authority will advise you on the minimum standards requirements for use of property.
Your request will go before the Airport Authority’s board for discussion. Depending upon your request, you may be asked to attend the meeting. Airport Authority board meetings are open to the public.
After your request is approved by the Shreveport Airport Authority, you must submit all plans and specifications to the following, but not limited to, agencies for any construction. This includes:
- All federal, state and city license requirements as requested by the city of Shreveport’s Community Development office. The office’s phone number: 318-673-5900.
- Individuals planning construction at either Airport site must submit a Notice of Proposed Construction (FAA Form 7460-1) to the Federal Aviation Administration’s Southwest Region office. The telephone number for the program manager for the FAA’s regional is 817-222-5638.
- Any construction or additions to either airport must receive approvals through the state fire marshal’s office.
- After all permit and licensing requirements are approved, please submit copies of these approvals to the Shreveport Airport Authority.
- Upon receipt of all permits, licensing and city insurance requirements , the Shreveport Airport Authority will forward a lease agreement to the individual for final signatures.
- Once lease is signed and returned to the Shreveport Airport Authority’s office, construction on airport premises can begin.
For additional information, contact Mark Crawford, Marketing and Public Relations Manager, at 318-673-5370 or by email or Stephen Price at (318) 673-5370.